Location: Cambridge, MA
Starting: As soon as possible.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
OnCorps is looking for a highly motivated Data Scientist to create innovative analytic apps for our clients.
The Data Scientist will work with our clients at early stages of our engagement to identify the opportunities and hypotheses under test and specify a custom solution using OnCorps which delivers high levels of business value. They are expected to deliver results themselves, working directly with our clients to help solve complex and meaningful problems.
The Data Scientist will provide feedback into the product development and strategic development. They are expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and willingness to help across OnCorps’ business as necessary and able.
The role is based in Cambridge, MA, with up to 50% travel.
- Be highly experienced and knowledgeable about statistics. Experience of business consulting is desirable.
- Drive successful adoption and engagement of OnCorps across a variety of use cases.
- Work with clients to understand their performance objectives and translate those to specific interactive solutions.
- Lead campaigns for both new prospects and existing clients.
- Be hands-on with the details of the solution, coordinating OnCorps resources on behalf of the client as necessary.
- Be able to thoroughly understand client requirements and problems, clearly explaining and customizing OnCorps’ benefits for our clients.
- Work with decision scientists in OnCorps to translate performance metrics into statistical and probabilistic models.
- Create and share thought leadership related to OnCorps, such as but not limited to videos, blogs, and presentations.
- Masters or doctoral degree in statistics, economics, analytics or business from a top tier university. Equivalent business experience will be considered.
- A high level of understanding of statistics is required. Experience in a highly analytic role or in financial services is a plus.
- 2 - 4 years experience in a client-facing role in a SaaS or IT organization or in a consulting firm is desired, but recent graduates with high academic qualification are also welcome to apply.
- Self-motivated and driven to deliver, with an ability to be detailed-oriented while being able to see and define the overall strategy.
- Ability to advise and influence customers at the senior executive and program management levels is a plus.
- Ability to work with technical teams to translate user interactions into technical requirements.
- Ability to translate performance metrics into statistical and probabilistic models.
- Ability to collaborate in a fast-paced, results-focused culture.
- Demonstrated experience capturing client business requirements, and translating these into solutions. Understanding of enterprise-level use cases is desired.
- Working knowledge of R is a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal to all levels within an organization and both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
OnCorps is the adaptive decision analytics company that intelligently engages users and nudges them to make better decisions. The OnCorps platform adapts to each user’s performance and decision style by applying a unique combination of behavioral science, machine learning and Sabermetrics, allowing users to see real-time diagnostics while building a personal decision diary.
OnCorps Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And Considers Qualified Applicants For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Creed, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Marital Status, National Origin, Ancestry, Age (if The Individual Is 18 Years Of Age Or Older), Veteran Status, Disability, Or Any Other Protected Class.